Fall is here, and that means back to school, football, and cooler temperatures! Check off your September cleaning items to keep your home sparkling all year long.
Wash Walls and Touch-up paint
Over the summer, your walls may have taken a beating. Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove black marks and scuffs. Walk around the house with a paintbrush and touch up paint on the walls and baseboards.
Clean Out the Freezer
If you want to give the freezer a good deep clean, you follow these steps.
- Turn off the freezer and empty all the contents into a cooler to keep them cold while you work.
- Remove any drawers and detachable shelves and wash them in the sink. Scrub them like you would dirty dishes with soap and water. Set aside to dry.
- Using a solution of one part vinegar and one part water in a spray bottle, spray the inside of your empty freezer and wipe with a sponge. For stubborn stuck-on spots, allow the vinegar solution to soak for a few minutes before wiping, or use your Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Dry the interior with a clean dishcloth, then replace the clean drawers and shelves.
- Return the food, turn the unit back on and enjoy your spotless freezer!
Polish Wood Furniture
You can also make a simple polish by mixing 1 cup of olive oil with 1/4 cup white vinegar. Pour it on a soft cloth and work it into the wood, wiping it with the grain. Buff till shiny